Overweight. Suffer from hypertension, anxiety, rapid heart rate. Had hysterictomy on HCG diet. Had hodgkins disease

Question
My daughter is having great weight loss success on the HCG diet and I was thinking of trying it. I am 55 years old, 40 pounds overweight. I suffer from hypertension (taking medication), anxiety, rapid heart rate... also, several years ago I had a partial hysterectomy due to recurrent hyperplasia that caused heavy bleeding. I had hodgkins disease over 20 years ago, but am currently cancer free. I am also taking medication for high cholesterol, arthritis, low thyroid FYI... oh, and acid reflux.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I understand your zeal to reduce your weight but in my opinion,you should avoid it.
Since you are a heart patient and having hypertension,you should not take this  diet however you may talk to your doctor or the cardiologist and take his permission for the use of this diet.
Even patients having depression or emotional disorders and patients having stomach disorders are not allowed to take this diet.
Another biggest problem with this diet is the very low amount of calories to be taken during this diet.For proper effect of this diet,it is advised that you have to limit your calorie intake to just 500 calories per day,which is a very low diet and probably with so much of associated problems,it won't be feasible for you to take and tolerate it.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Overweight. Suffer from hypertension, anxiety, rapid heart rate. Had hysterictomy on HCG diet. Had hodgkins disease 34 minutes later
I am aware that such a severe calorie restriction, under normal circumstances, throws the body into starvation mode. However, in conjuction with the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin, the claim is that the body does not shut down into starvation mode, but instead is able to tap into the body's fat stores for the needed energy. My daughter said she not only has a lot more energy, but that for the first time in years is not having anxiety attacks, which she previously suffered from. Also, she has no cravings. Sounded intriguing to me!

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 14 minutes later
Even if you leave aside this theory,the fact is you are a heart patient having hypertension along with anxiety and rapid heart beats.This in itself makes you a less elligible candidate for this diet.However you may talk to your doctor and seek his permission to do so.
Thanks

Follow-up: Overweight. Suffer from hypertension, anxiety, rapid heart rate. Had hysterictomy on HCG diet. Had hodgkins disease 19 hours later
I appreciate your advice; thank you Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 minute later
You are most welcome to ask for any other query any time.
Thanks