Overweight. Started workout on the treadmill. Noticed red spot on feet and getting pain. Any solution?

Hello, recently I started an intense workout on the treadmill. Start with running them speed walking and back and forth for 45 mins. I'm overweight and 36 y.o. Recently I've seen that the top of both my feet have what looks like brown reddish spots and slight pain when I walk. Any idea what it could be.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 1 hour later

Thank you for your query.

I hope you are doing your work out on the treadmill under supervision. Intense work out if started all of a sudden can cause petichae or oozing of blood from the capillaries which may be appearing as reddish spots. I suggest that you upload a photograph of the spots using the facility provided on this platform to facilitate me in providing a better guidance to you.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please do revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you all the best.

Rajiv K Khandelwal