Overweight. Occasional drinker. Feeling fatigue and have flu like symptoms. Blood test done. Worrisome

I am a 40 year lady. Have always been healthy but I am obese. I have four children. Over the last five weeks I have been feeling chronic fatigue , running constant high temperatures. My other symptoms have been flu like. Watery eyes , hoarse voice but not sore throat really , mild cough , aches, swollen glands and pain in my neck. Have been on two antibiotics. One more specific for a sinus infection and the second one was a broad spectrum antibiotic. Blood tests show normal results apart from potassium very slightly up at 5.2, gamma gt at 58 and c reactive protein at 3.4. I am only a very occasional drinker. I last drink I had was two weeks prior to blood tests and was two glasses of wine.
Looking back I have been unwell on and off with cold and flu like symptoms since Christmas. Is there anything I should be worried about.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 12 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Madam I think you are just having back to back viral infections. Your reports seem to be fine.
Follow the instructions of your doctors and take lots of rest and fluids.
Avoid fruits and fruit drinks for a while because your potassium is a bit elevated.
After you finish your antibiotics course take some antioxidant tabs for a while.
Exercise regularly and try to stay healthy.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.