Overweight. Have sinus problem. Getting headache and shortness of breath. Are they related?

Within 10 - 15 mins after i get up in the morning, i feel that the breath are shorter, my head gets heated up. i feel as if the heat is travelling from neck to top of head and will have headache for about 5 mins. The whole process from feeling shorter breath to start of headache will be for about 20 secs. This happens 5 - 6 times in a month. I also have sinus problems too. Is this related to Sinus or due to over weight??? Suggest me what is to be done.

Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 29 minutes later

Thanks for writing to health care magic

You have not mentioned your weight ....what is your weight.

Further details are required to answer your question. Are you anemic. In this condition the Hemoglobin is low ..... so the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is low resulting in shortness of breath.... and because of the oxygen supply to brain is low headache occurs. So physical examination and basic blood investigation will help in diagnosis. This condition is unlikely to occur only in the morning on getting up from bed.

The other condition, which may present like this is benign positional vertigo. However, dizziness is associated with this condition.

Certain cardiac conditions may have referred pain in the neck... with shortness of breath.

Sinusitis may present with headache but shortness of breath is unlikely to occur.

Not to worry. Get yourself completely examined by a doctor. Further investigations including Hemoglobin, ECG (depending on examination findings) may be required to arrive at a diagnosis.

Hope this helps
Follow-up: Overweight. Have sinus problem. Getting headache and shortness of breath. Are they related? 27 minutes later
Thanks for the quick response doctor. I will get it examined physically by a doc soon.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanking you once again for writing to health care magic and also for the compliment that you gave me regarding quick response

Please update us of the developments if possible