Overweight. Have painful, red, hard spots on inner thighs. Blood test showed clear. What should I do?

Dermatologist
Question
I have red hard spots on my inner thighs, there very painfull and sometimes have a white head and bleed, my gp said its because I'm over weight and sweat, I am over weight but my thighs don't really sweat or rub together when I walk, the spots get worse at different times of the month and they leave dark red scars even if they don't have white heads and pop. There about the size of peas. I've had blood tests which were all clear. I've used Antibiotics and creams but nothing has helped.
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance.

You probably seem to be having recurrent furunculosis.

This happens because the bacteria responsible for the furunculosis are present in the body folds.

In addition, these keep causing the lesions.

Hence, I would recommend that you apply Bactroban cream twice a day on the lesions for a week.
In addition, you need to apply Bactroban cream twice a day for a week into the body folds.

This has to be done for a week every month for six months.

Please let me know if I can address any other concern for you.

Follow-up: Overweight. Have painful, red, hard spots on inner thighs. Blood test showed clear. What should I do? 8 minutes later
Hello I don't have any body folds of skin there more like boils then fiction spots

Answered by Dr. Kruti 9 minutes later
I can understand your concern.

The boils are on the thighs.

However, these bacteria harbor in the body folds like groins, buttocks, underarms and nostrils. This is where they are present even normally.

When they get a favorable environment, they grow and cause these boils in nearby areas.

Hence it is important to get rid of these bacteria from where are harboring in order to halt the recurrent episodes.

Hope this clarifies.

Follow-up: Overweight. Have painful, red, hard spots on inner thighs. Blood test showed clear. What should I do? 49 minutes later
Ok thank you very much for your help

Answered by Dr. Kruti 1 hour later
You're welcome. Let me know if you have any more questions. Otherwise, please close this discussion