Overweight. Had gallbladder removed. Have fatty liver and swollen ankle. Safe remedy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Thank you for your time.
I had my gallbladder removed 26 years ago.. I have a fatty liver... or XXXXXXX though never had a biopsy to confirm.
ALP of 136,ALT of 62, GGT 220.
Negative RA factor
For over a year now I have been suffering from firstly a swollen ankle right on the outside which jars
and cause tear jearking pain, have had slight relief from physio. It has in the last few months moved to my left ankle physio unsure if it is only a result of over compensation from the right as it is now half an inch short. along with pain at front of ankle in joint and a pulling sensation from big toe.
I have trouble walking some days. I refuse to take any more pretisione gained 16kgs.
Have had MRI and it shows Extensive synovitis and tenosynovitis and soft tissue oedema.
Have been waiting 6 months for a Rheumatologist have to wait another two months.
I am concerned it is something to do with my liver after my gallbladder removal all those years ago.
My doctor is has no answers keeps saying I have to wait to see the rheumatologist.
Oh I do not smoke, only an occasional drinker.
Am over weight! Had just lost 30kg whens conditions started...Any fresh ideas?
I do have terriable random head and face sweats though mainly when I am rushed or flustered.
Had terriable flu / plurosy about 2 years ago have never felt 100% since.
All other test results are fine have had thyroid full blood counts ect...
Solar plex hurts when I sneeze or cough and some time ribs get sore to touch on right hand side.

We want to start a family this year.

Many Thanks for your time

Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 2 hours later
From the description of symptoms which you have given it appears to be metabolic syndrome which involves a high Body mass index coupled with fatty liver, altered liver enzymes and lipid profile. The foot pain is most likely related to the overweight issue.
You need to go on a rigid protocol for the fatty liver comprising of dietary modifications ,exercise and liver medications for a period ranging from 6 to 9 months until the investigation reports come back to normal. A gastroenterologist would be the specialist who can guide you properly.
I hope this answers your querry.