Overweight. Getting feeling of stiffness and lower back pain. Symptoms of bone cancer?

General Surgeon
I wanted to ask about the lower back pain I have been experiencing for the last three days and it seems not to get better nor worse. The worst is when sitting and it is better to walk than stand. The mild pain is upon some movements, it feels more like stiffness.
I am obese (187 cm 136 kg) but this has never occured before.
Since it seems not to go away, could this mean a bone cancer or is it something treatable?
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 15 minutes later
As per your query,you are having low back ache since 3 days.
As the pain is related to movement or position,it is musculo skeletal pain.
Please take skeletal muscle relaxant tablet along with B complex with anti oxidants.
Please try to reduce your weight.
Simple pain in the lower back area does not suggest Cancer.
If there is no response to above drugs,get an X XXXXXXX of Lumbosacral spine -AP and lateral views.If there is any lesion suspicious in X XXXXXXX CT scan of lumbosacral area should be taken.
As of now,nothing to worry.
Please take above drugs and observe.
If you have any queries,i will clarify further.
Wish you speedy recovery