Overweight. Felt increased heart rate after physical exertion. Is this a sign of an illness?

Question
Hi my names is XXXXXXX Iam overweight my weight is 126 kg height 175cm from today I had started exercising first for 30 min I did yoga everything is okie but I try to climb stair and climbed 4 floors but my heart was beating line anything so is it advisable to climb stairs
Posted Sat, 23 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 25 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Increased heart rate after physical exertion is quiet normal.If there are no other symptoms other than increased heart and breathing rate , you need not worry.

Since you might not be habitual to climb 4 floors in one go, I would advise you to increase floors step by step at interval of may be a week or two.This will help your to get habitual to such exertion.

Hope this answers your question.Regards.

Follow-up: Overweight. Felt increased heart rate after physical exertion. Is this a sign of an illness? 10 minutes later
Dear dr,
I did my chelestrol level check it came like this
Total chelestrol- 145
Hdl- 30.8
LDL - 30
Triglycerides - 400
Pls have a look and give ur view on this numbers and advice on this

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 29 minutes later
Except triglyceride levels rest levels look normal.This is not an extremely high risk range.I guess if you continue diet changes and exercise you can repeat it after say three or six months.

At this stage, I don't think you need any medications as such.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.

Follow-up: Overweight. Felt increased heart rate after physical exertion. Is this a sign of an illness? 3 minutes later
Dear Dr,

thank you for your promt reply just one last question do i have to worry anything regarding heart problem after seing the chelestrol level report, i wouyld be really glad if you could give me an answer ,

regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 6 minutes later
If there are no symptoms like chest pain , shortness of breath at rest or tiredness etc, then no need to be concerned.As part of basic evaluation you can get a ECG and if needed 2D-echo done.This will further help to relieve your anxiety.

Regards.

Follow-up: Overweight. Felt increased heart rate after physical exertion. Is this a sign of an illness? 5 minutes later
dear Dr,

i had done my ecg three or four times and all the time it came normal , so that can say everything is normal and one more i tried walking for 30min continously and there was no problem in breathing or tiredness so that can say that everything is okie about heart related problems.

i know iam asking silliy question , but just because of nervesness i am asking

regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 39 minutes later
In view of those details it seems your heart is functioning well.In cases you want to double confirm it then get a stress test done.This will check whether your heart can take physical exertion.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards.