Overweight. Felt dizzy. Later fell dizzy during dinner. Is emergency required?

My husband is 83. He is a bit overweight. We are on a trip with a group. This morning he felt dizzy. He rested for the rest of the day and drank lots of water. We thought he might be dehydrated. He rested. We went out to dinner. He became dizzy again. He sat down. We are resting in the hotel bedroom and watching T.V. There does not seem to be any indication of confusion. We understand that earlier is pulse was regular. A fellow traveler took it. Should I take him to the emergency ward or wait until morning.? XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need more information...

Detailed Answer:

Dizziness is a tricky symptom. It can be due to a benign condition or a serious concern too. I will need more details to triage the problem and direct you accordingly.

1. Does dizziness disappear with rest?
2. If yes, what makes him dizzy again?
3. Does he feel nausea, light-headedness, vomiting and feverish along with dizziness?
4. Is he able to walk and balance himself?
5. Does he feel chest pain / short of breath?
6. Is he able to hear well on both sides/does he complaint of ringing sensation in his ear?
7. Does he have history of previous heart disease / diabetes / blood pressure?

I would be able to triage the condition with these details.

Waiting to hear from you soon...