Overweight. Difficulty in conception. What is the treatment?

Infertility Specialist
hard getting pregnant I'm 21 here so I have 1 friend and I'm overweight why am I have been trying to get pregnant for a couple years now same kind of hard how can I go about getting pregnant
how can someone who is over weight get pregnant
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Nandita Thakkar 23 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
An increase in your weight can be due to multiple factors. This can include simple life style habits to endocrine dysfunction. There could be a variety of hormonal issues like hypothyroidism that we would need to deal with.
A proper assessment needs to be done by the physician or an endocrine specialist to identify any problem which can be treated medically.
Overweight people should have no problem in conceiving provided that all factors essential for conception (normal ovulation, normal uterine factors and normal semen analysis) are ok.
A proper assessment needs to be done to identify the cause of this delay in conception.
Dr Nandita A Thakkar