Ask a Urologist   »  

Overstretching and cracks on the foreskin, masturbation without cream. Is this related?

Lately,when I have an erection and the foreskin of my penis is pulled back,I start to feel that the foreskin has been over-stretched and hence I can see some crack marks on the foreskin.These give a stinging sensation and especially so when taking my shower after that.
I used to masturbate myself without using any lotion/cream.Could it contribute to this problem?What shall I do to overcome this problem ? I have been abstaining from sex for some time because my partner has lost her interest as she has reached her menopausal age.Thank You.
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

When ever there some friction or forceful retraction cracks develop on foreskin. This can happen due to dryness also.

This cracks most of the time heal by them selves. Repeated cracks and self healing leads development of fibrosis which leads to tight foreskin and make it more prone to cracks.

At times some local infection can also lead to this.

It is better and advisable that your visit a doctor and get your self examined. Normally initial day’s local steroid application helps. This reduces local swelling and pain, makes the skin smooth.

Repeated problem in some cases removal of foreskin.

Your doctor will be in better position to guide on this.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.