Overreacting to situations, worrying, mood swings. Taking Loestrin. Medical history clear

I'm always flaring up at my partner. He will say something as a joke about my character and I overreact. I then find it hard to come down from this, even if he says sorry and trys to get close to me. I spend ages worrying about it and ruin whole evenings because of it. I overreact with most things and he says he now walks on egg shells as he doesn't know what will make me change my mood towards him these days. Its ruining our relationship. I'm 37 and on loestrin 20. My medical history is clear.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Your History suggests you are suffering from, Generalised Anxiety Disorder associated with a feeling of insecurity towards your partner. It is not likely to be related to loestrin that you are taking. Kindly don't worry and get yourself examined by a Psychiatrist as with behavioral therapy, medications and coping skills you can improve your symptoms.

Your Doctor will evaluate you both physically and psychologically to know what exactly is causing your Symptoms, he/she will know better. Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause, like behavioral therapy, anti depressants and anti anxiety medications.

Bring in some lifestyle modifications:

1.) Start going out with your friend, give him a compliment and when you speak to a him, try to breathe deeply to relax yourself. It will take some time for you to get acclimatised to this.
2.) Avoid stress and practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation
3.) Exercise regularly
4.) Avoid high calorie foods and maintain a healthy weight
5.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.