Overdose of temazepam and nitrazepam. Harmful?

Hi I just took 10 mg of temazepam forgetting that I took 2.5mg of nitrazepam half an hr earlier. Will I be ok?
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 42 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Benzodiazepines are relatively safe group of drugs. You will experience drowsiness and sleepiness. I strongly recommend you not to drive, swim or be at heights. It will take about 12 hours for the drug to weane off slowly. If you have excessive sleepiness beyond this point then please see a doctor immediately.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept answer
I wish you good health

Follow-up: Overdose of temazepam and nitrazepam. Harmful? 17 hours later
Thankyou :) I took it for sleep as in Australia at the time i asked it was about midnight and so considering I was tired to begin with but couldnt sleep, out of stress I'd forgotten about the one I had earlier. It's now 6:20pm the next night and i seem to be fine. Just worried there might be some interactions I shouldve been aware of. Thanks again :)
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 9 minutes later

Thanks for replying

I am happy I was of help. Try alternative routes as well to fall asleep like reading a book in a semi dark room.
You could write me a review as well if you have got the time.