Overdose of anxit for sleep deprivation can be dangerous?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Does overdose of Anxit 5.0 is XXXXXXX ?I have sleep intreption and less intake doesnt suffice my sleep ,will it put me in dangeorus situation if I take 20 or more per day?If so at what count may put me in unrecoverable situation?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 9 minutes later

An overdose of anxit is definitely XXXXXXX for you. It can cause central nervous system depression including suppression of respiratory center.

The exact number of tablets that will be lethal does show inter individual variation.

Taking even a single extra tablet than what is prescribed to, you might cause problems, the therapeutic window in this class of drugs is very narrow.

If you cannot fall asleep using therapeutic doses of anxit then it is better to consult your physician and ask him to prescribe you more efficacious alternatives.

Please visit your treating physician for choosing the most appropriate medicine for you.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.