Overdose of BID. Should I be concerned that this extra dose could drop?

I accidentally took another (100 mg) dose at 2200 after taking my evening dose at 1630. I have taken 100 mg BID for many years. My heart rate right now is 54 an BP 117/67. Both are baseline numbers for me. Should I be concerned that this extra dose could drop either one to XXXXXXX levels?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Radhika 31 minutes later

I would like to reassure you that you would be fine as the maximum dose of metoprolol that is used for hypertension is 450 mg. Since you have taken 300 mg so far, you are well within the safe range. Please remember to take your medication on time tomorrow.
In case you experience any of the side effects of low blood pressure like fatigue and dizziness, slow pulse, shortness of breath then you will need to go to an ER. It is unlikely that you will experience this.

You can monitor your blood pressure every 3 to 4 hours. If it falls below 90/50, you can visit your physician.
You can also have lime juice with salt in it. This will increase your blood pressure.
Additionally, stay well hydrated.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries.