Over weight. Had a cesarean delivery. How to reduce weight?

my height is weight is 69kg.I have a kid of 3 yrs.sesarian to reduce my weight?
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 28 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query. Your problem is typical and faced by many after delivery.

During pregnancy there is an obvious gain in weight and after that when baby is breast feed we tend to relax and eat more, the result - increase in weight. Again during this span of 1-2 years you cannot do much of diet restriction and regular exercise, that’s added to the problem.

As per your height your Body Mass Index (BMI) is 30. For a normal female it should be around 23. BMI of 23 means your weight should be around 55kgs.

You need to reduce it by about 10-15kgs.This is a long journey and proper planning is must for this.

You cannot lose weight overnight and there are no shortcuts also.

To reduce weights please do following:
1. Do regular exercise
>Please do at least 30 minutes exercise daily like brisk walking, aerobics etc.
Please try to do this for minimum 6 days in week. This is must. Exercise will increase your metabolic rate and this in turn will increase calorie burning.

2. Plan your diet well.
>Have proper meal planning. Take 3-4 small meals in a day. Your meal should include salads, vegetable etc. This is tummy filler, and you can feel satisfied with small quantity.
>Avoid junk food, Cold drinks, too much of tea/coffee etc. This gives only empty calories nothing good for the body.
>Do not remain hungry, have something every 2-3 hours to eat or drink.

You can opt to take help from a qualified dietician who can help you to plan your diet as per routine.

3. Take proper sleep and rest.

You can lose your weight and reach your target only after couple of years, so do not get dishearten and leave this mission in between. When you are determined you can do it.

I hope this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up query that you have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.