Ovaries hurt after an orgasm masturbation, stinging sensation. What could it be?

Infertility Specialist
Question
My overies hurt after masturbating. Why? And should I be worried. I have normal periods and not on birth control or any meds. And they only hurt after an orgasm masturbating...not after sex. It is a stining sensation and it last for about a minute and goes away.
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hello.

Ovaries respond to any external stimulation like sex or mastrubation by releasing certain hormones and changes in chemicals of some neurons.

I assure you that there is nothing to be worried about it and be relaxed.

Its normal experience for many people.

In case, symptoms worsens, consider consulting your Gynecologist for evaluation and investigations like Ultrasound Pelvis.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Regards.