Orthoarthritis of knee joint, stabilized idiopathic lung fibrosis, headaches, taking Paracetamol. Should I see a cardiologist?

I am 67 years male having orthoartheritis of both knee joint and Stablise idiopathic lung fibrosis from last 5 years. My normal blood pressure is 120/80 .i get headache once in three and four months from last 8 years which last 8to10 hours. My blood pressure noted around 140/95 . I take 650 mg paracetamol to get relieve from headache. My total cholesterol is 175 LDL 160 hdl 4 .. Pl advise should I see cardiologist and start medicines for blood pressure or to take pain killers to take care headache . Pl advise
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 56 minutes later

Considering your age , the blood pressure during the episode of headache and the LDL ,HDL levels I would place in category with risk of CVA (Cerebrovascular accidents) /stroke.The reduction in the pain with paracetamol also supports that the head ache is originated from the altered vascular physiology in the brain.

I would recommend and suggest you to have regular check-up by the cardiologist at-least 3 months once to ascertain the well-being.There may be need for you to be put on anti cholesterol drugs and BP medications too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.