Orange spot near eye when reading books or watching TV

I see a orange spot off to the left part of my eye. It kinda blinks in and out. I only notice it when I read my Nook or watch TV.
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
Most likely you are seeing the reflection of the Blind spot of the eye.
This phenomenon is a normal physiological occurrence.
Some people have a bigger size of Blind spot and may have perception of colored vison when straining on eyes and otherwise would have a perfectly normal vision.
Still if the problem troubles you much or seems to increase then you should get your vision tested by Perimetry test by an Ophthalmologist to get actual detailed assessment.
Drugs like Digoxin can also lead to yelow vision, but I do not think you are taking it.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!