Orange sore appeared after bitten by an insect. What cure should be done?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hi, I'm styling in Ubud and have been bitten by something and its left an orange/red XXXXXXX which is quite sore.
Posted Sun, 17 Mar 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 6 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.

You need to apply locally Calamine lotion / Aloe vera gel for soothing.
If the area is extremely painful or itchy, use an ointment like Betnovate.
If you feel extra discomfort, itching or fever or systemic reactions, use Avil tablet.

However, just to be on the safer side, as you do not know what has bitten you, please consult a Physician near to you.
You need to rule out any major insect / reptile/ rodent bite which might require vaccination or intensive treatment.

Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.

Follow-up: Orange sore appeared after bitten by an insect. What cure should be done? 8 minutes later

There are no doctors where I am. I am leaving tomorrow and will be back in Australia Wednesday night. Will it be too late to see a doctor on Thursday?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Some type of bites might manifest in late symptoms, I mean after some hours of days infact.
And specially since you are travelling, I would have preferred that you see a doctor before travelling.
In case you feel completely okay and are having no systemic manifestations, you can put it off till Thursday.
Just make sure you are in touch with emergency medical care anytime.

Follow-up: Orange sore appeared after bitten by an insect. What cure should be done? 1 minute later
Also is it strange that its an orange color?

Yes, it is a bit strange.
Some bugs ( stink bugs ) bite and the marks are left behind which are orange.
It is an atypical colour, all the more reason to show it physically to somebody.