Orange discharge while urinating after having sex, burning inside. Is the discharge and burning connected?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
The past 2 times I have been having sex with my husband I have had this slight orange color discharge after I pee. Afterwards my insides do tend to burn a little. I only feel the burning when he comes inside of me. Is the discharge and burning connected? It is possible I am allergic to his semen?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 53 minutes later

Burning and slight orange color discharge after having sex is not because of any allergy to the semen. It is more likely suggestive of a bacterial vaginosis or chronically inflamed cervix.

A thorough XXXXXXX examination and a vaginal swab culture will help in the diagnosis.

Usually antibiotics are needed for proper treatment of such problems. Both the partners should be treated simultaneously to avoid any reinfection.

Please consult your Gynaecologist to confirm the same and to discuss the necessary investigations to undergo and treatment options.

Do drink plenty of water to prevent symptoms of urine you may need to get a urine routine test as well.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.