Orange colored urine, stools, nausea, loss of appetite, seasonal or food related symptoms

Strange symtoms that reoccur annually around the same time of year. Orange urine, orange stool, nausea, loss of appetite. Lasts about 7 to 10 days. First occurance after spending time in Los Angelos, CA. Am thinking water born.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query ,

Well in the absence of any other symptoms like pain during urination , fever , abdominal pain ,the possible cause of orange urine and stool in you could be related to the season and the food.
Summer could cause excessive sweating, dehydration, inadequate fluid intake which could result in concentrated urine giving it orange hue.But the stool colour could not be explained well here.

Hence I would attribute the problem you have to foods .Some amongst are Rhubarb , blackberries,Senna and foods containing carotene.

In the problem caused by above , you need no treatment.It will be self limiting.

Also I would ask you to get examined and blood tested if urine remains orange for more than 2 weeks for to rule out jaundice , which I consider a unlikely cause in you.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.