Oral sex, swollen clitoris, vaginal soreness, pain on urinating. Treatment ?

Question
about 4 days ago my husband performed oral sex on me. He had not shaved so his face was rough, Now my clirotis is swollen and I am very sore today it has become extremely painful when I urinate it is like pouring alcohol on open scratches I am 41 year old female about 5ft 3 and 250 pounds
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later

Your symptoms looks like vulvovaginitis to me. Vulvovaginitis is inflammation of the vulva and vagina. It has been caused by chafing or friction rub which occurred during intercourse.

Apply cold compresses and wear cotton undergarments. Oral anti inflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen also might help; but they should be taken after a prescription from your doctor.

I encourage you to consult a gynecologist, as you might need to get a pelvic swab sample done on the cervical discharge to rule out any bacterial or fungal infection. You can apply steroid based antiseptic cream like neomycin and hydrocortisone after getting pelvic swab test done. Oral antibiotics may be necessary in some cases. This will take around 5-7 days to subside.

Follow these simple lifestyle measures, till you get to see a doctor:

1) Avoid rough intercourse/ masturbation and use a water based lubricant during intercourse.
2) Wear cotton underwear and avoid douching or using feminine products.
3) Avoid using perfumed soaps and sanitary napkins, bubble baths and toiletries.
4) Change the undergarment daily, wash it in hot water and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent) and take adequate nutrition and sleep.
5) Drink plenty of water.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Oral sex, swollen clitoris, vaginal soreness, pain on urinating. Treatment ? 3 hours later
Thank you for the information I don't have any discharge just swelling and pain. I don't have any insurance so can't go to dr right away Will I be ok to try the cream and see if it helps then go to the dr. I dont want to cause more problem but need relief and cant get to dr for a week

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

You can wait and try hot compress and the ointment like neosporin, bacitracin, betnovate, etc which are available over the counter.

If the symptoms subside then you can avoid visiting a doctor.

Hope this helps.

Wishing you an early recovery.

Regards.