Oral sex, chapped lips, burning face, abdominal pain. Prescribed monodox, hydrocortisone. Detected kidney stone. Is this related or is it STD?

Question
Hey doctor. Seven weeks ago I had an one night stand with a girl I didn't know. I used a condom but performed oral on her for a few seconds without. I woke up a few days later with chapped lips and abdominal pain. The doctor gave me monodox and hydrocortisone cream for my face. My face still burns from time to time and tingles. The abdominal pain is a little better but I sometimes feel burning near my groin and on my thighs. I also have some pain behind my knees. A CAT scan showed I have a fairly big kidney stone. Do all these symptoms relate to the kidney stone or could I have an STD as well. My stress is thru the roof.
Posted Mon, 18 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
As none of your symptom is specific to Sexually Transmitted Disease, you need not to worry about STD at present.
Our lips are generally covered with a very thin layer of oil, which prevents loss of moisture, but during cold weather air becomes dry & if due to any reason protective layer of oil is lost from lips, these becomes dry and can develop cracks, which can be further aggravated by liking. Lip balm can give some relief.
Stone in the calyces of kidney can cause pain abdomen, which can radiate up to the testicles. Please consult a Urologist for stone in kidney.
Pain in the back of knees can be due to ligament stress, for which you should consult an orthopedic surgeon.
Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query, I will be available. But if you do not require further clarification, please close the discussion by accepting the answer.
With good wishes,

Follow-up: Oral sex, chapped lips, burning face, abdominal pain. Prescribed monodox, hydrocortisone. Detected kidney stone. Is this related or is it STD? 34 hours later
Could the stress and anxiety or the stone cause the burning around my mouth for 7 weeks. Also is ligament stress caused by an elevated level of stress in the body.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 17 hours later

Thank you for replying.

Stress, anxiety or kidney stone are not related with the burning sensation around the mouth. You seem to be suffering with some kind of Dermatitis and I would suggest you to consult with a dermatologist.

Similarly, elevated level of stress is not directly responsible for pain behind knees or ligament stress, though weakness can cause such symptoms for which consulting with an orthopedic surgeon is recommended for better examination.

I hope, this clarifies your doubts. If you have further query feel free to ask. However if this answers your query, please close the discussion by accepting the answer.
With best wishes.

Follow-up: Oral sex, chapped lips, burning face, abdominal pain. Prescribed monodox, hydrocortisone. Detected kidney stone. Is this related or is it STD? 13 hours later
Thanks doctor. I just have a few more questions. Do all antibiotics work the same. I'm on monodox and it only looks like its for acne. Also could I have the herpes virus since the burning is around my mouth and includes stomach pain. Lastly, would my CAT scan with contrast show if I was in worse shape than the kidney stones.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 3 hours later
Thanks for replying

Monodox is broad spectrum antibiotic, thus expected 2 work by culture and sensitivity test u can identify causative organism and effective drugs. In H.zoster infection blisters develop on infected part of skin. Stone in kidney can block ureter, and can cause hydronephrosis.Intra venous Polygraphy is required.

With good wishes,