Options to treat wound on scalp after ringworm infection?
User rating for this question
I had ringworm on the back of my scalp. The infection is long gone, but I am now left with a wound to this day that cannot heal due to loads of hair growing sideways underneath a few layers of skin rather than coming up and out. Doctors have said "leave it alone, it will fix itself"... However it never does. What are my options?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: antifungal Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I am Dr Alok, pleased to answer your health related queries, For tinea, you can apply local antifungal or if it is not feasible, can take oral antifungal tablets. These are safe but need to be taken for long time. You can discuss with your physician.
Follow-up: Options to treat wound on scalp after ringworm infection? 13 minutes later
I said in my original post that the ringworm infection itself is long gone over a year ago. I'm asking about the wound complications with hair growing underneath the skin.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: it may spread Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Complications of ringworm- mostly nothing except mild cosmetic issue. Other complications- super-added bacterial infection, spread of fungal infection to other part of body. regards,
People also viewed
- Options to treat wound on scalp after ringworm infection
- What mx3 medicine of pid
- Use of olmax20 medicine
- Can embolization cause swollen feet
- Some dark patches reappear kindly suggest
- Use of productive f medicine
- I am suffering excessive bleeding i have taken crimson also
- My son is suffering from schizoid personality disorder please suggest
- Powergyl medicine used for
- Zenflox oz medicine used
- Symptoms of scalp ringworm infection
- Treatment and cure for scalp ringworm infection
- It probably is herpes please suggest me
- Scalp ringworm infection causes
- Diagnosis of scalp ringworm infection