Optic neuritis,MS,MRi scan,overweight,high blood pressure

Hi. I have optic neuritis and many other symtoms i believe is MS.I have had a head MRI on a 1,5 scanner that didn't show up anything??I've been reading on many sites on the net that a more powerful scan can show up better for MS?Think my neurologist thinks I'm a fat older woman! 58yrs old history of high blood pressure thats suddenly lowered since ON?20 stone.Where should I be heading?Is there a MS specialist in my area( home counties)I'm not a private patient .
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 26 minutes later
If you think your symptoms can be due to MS then you can actually opt for an MRI of better precision.
But before going for a repeat MRI my advise would be that you take a second opinion for your symptoms. It is always better to have an opinion rather self diagnose the symptoms after an internet search.
A detailed examination by a physician is an integral part of diagnosis.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.