Operated for removal of stone from bile duct. Looks like infection or blood clot. What could be this?

Question
Hi I have a saw throught now for about 5 days. I have just had a operation to remove a stone out of the bile duct. Just wonderd if it could be an infection or could it be blood clot. I have just phoned my local gp practice they put on to a the nurse practictionar. She said to leave it for another 4to5 days to phone then they will see me. Is it somthing I need to be concerned about like a blood clot as the operation was about 6 weeks ago.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXX

It is much more probable to be an infection. I would not be concerned about something like a blood clot, after 6 weeks from the operation.

Do you have any other symptoms like runny nose, sinus congestion, cough or body aches?

I am looking forward to your answer.

If you have any more queries, feel free to ask.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD

Follow-up: Operated for removal of stone from bile duct. Looks like infection or blood clot. What could be this? 19 hours later
Hi do you think saw throughts can be caused by stress. It has been a very stressfull time what with my opperation and recovery. I am having reflexology done to me and also counselling. Is there anything else that you would recomend for stress relife?

Answered by Dr. Ioan Dorian OANA 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXX

Thanks for your reply.

Saw throught is very possible under stress, even if the stress doesn't directly cause it, because a persons stress can cause a decline in the immune system and therefore it does not produce the necessary blood cells that fight off infection.

Reflexology and counseling are smart solutions for stress relief, but of course there are a lot of other solution, such as move your body, laugh, mindfulness, tai chi, yoga, take a warm bath, aromatherapy, meditation, express yourself creatively, listen to music, gentle massage or being in nature.

Dr. Dorian Oana MD, PhD