Operated for laparoscopic appendectomy for appendix. Can I join gym?

General Surgeon
I was operated for Laparoscopic Appendectomy for appendix on 11th Dec 2012. Almost two months passed. I am all well now. Just wondering If I can join gym for workout for basic cardio etc.
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later

You can join a gym but I would first recommend you to consult your Surgeon as he will examine you clinically and give fitness. You can start Basic cardiovascular activity under a qualified trainer.please tell your Gym trainer about your surgical history so that he will not strain you too much.

As per literature,swimming is permitted after 1-2 weeks. Also, you can do routine activities now like climbing stairs, brisk walking etc

Wish you good health.