Operated for breast cancer. Taking arimidex, efexor. Have intramuscular lipoma. Required treatment?

I have a 10 month history of a mass in the left tibialis anterior. I had Ultrasound MRI and three core biopsies. As result it is suggested that it is a intramuscular lipoma. I have to add that has been growing during the 10 months. Supplementary immunohistochemistry has also been arranged - no results yet.
In 2008 I have been diagnosed with breast cancer and had an operation, chemotherapy and radiation.
I have been advised to remove the lipoma. What would you suggest ?
My current medication is
Arimidex 1mg daily
Efexor-xr 75mg daily
Somac 40mg daily
Thank you and kind regards.
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

Lipomas are usually benign and removal is indicated for either cosmetic reasons or when they cause impairment of function or grow rapidly. In your case being an intramuscular one and growing over last 10 months, it has the potential to cause mechanical problems in near future. Hence it will be advisable to resect it. The surgery won't be too much complicated.

As for the breast cancer, 5 years have elapsed and your doing well, so risks are quite less. This lipoma is unrelated to the breast cancer.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to answer any follow-up queries.
Best Wishes,