Open wound on face, discharge, bleeding. Have diabetes 2. Any help?

Question
I have a small open wond on the side of my face for a long time, any help on the best way to heal it,It weeps a little and some times bleeds a little. I got it fom the glass i wear rubing in the side of my face and of course being a man hoped it would gett better !!! Its now a big worry . just for note I have dibeates2. Any help would help my mind and face . Thanks. XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later
Thank you for your query.

Probably the wound is complicating. At first you have to control your blood sugar. If diabetes is not properly controlled, then the wound take longer period to heal.

It may be due to antibiotic resistance also. It is better for you to examine your wound discharge for culture & sensitivity. It will give you proper solution.

I hope I have some help for your query.Please write if you have any doubt.

Follow-up: Open wound on face, discharge, bleeding. Have diabetes 2. Any help? 14 minutes later
Thanks, just 1 question should I cover it with aplaster etc can I use something like savilon to put on it or just let it dry up on its XXXXXXX Suger levals are under control.

Thanks very much for you help on lovely XXXXXXX day in XXXXXXX for s chsnge !!

XXXXXXX

Thank you for your follow up question.

You may wash the wound with povidone iodine.
Sterile gauze can be used to cover it.
I hope it will be OK within few days.