Onset of terrible itch on clitoris area during ovulation. What could the cause and cure be?

Hello, I have a terrible itch around my clit area, I am starting to notice that this occurs during ovulation. Whatever the case may be it's become a real nuisance. I do not have any std's and been married 3 years. I am 23 and have a 19 month old daughter. Please help! I can send pictures upon request, but all seems to be normal down there, a little red, with a bit of white discharge. It's not a yeast infection I don't think, due to the itching is only in my clitoral area and not my vagina. Thank you
Posted Tue, 4 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 23 minutes later

Thanks for your query. Happy to help you. Normally during the ovulation time there is more amount of vaginal discharge i.e known as LEUCORRHOEA, which is physiological. If this is associated with vulval or vaginal infection, there is more chances of itching associated with abnormal vaginal discharge. Kindly reply the following questions, it will be much easier to come to a conclusion:
1) Since when you are having this problem?
2) What are you taking for IBS? Are you on any steroid treatment?
3) Are you still breastfeeding your daughter?
4) Do you have burning micturition, and frequency?
5) Do you have any urethral discharge?
If possible send me the pictures, it will be helpful.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my mail or profile