Only have gas and clear liquid while passing stool. Suggest?

when I go to the bathroom i only have gas and clear liquid come out. This has benn so for the past three days

Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Life style modifications, Racecodotril

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your query and understand your concerns.

I see similar cases who visit my clinic. Since you don't have symptoms of infections like pain abdomen, fever, mucous or blood in stool you need not to worry for it.

I advise you to follow the following steps

1. Have plenty of fluids (Good hydration is required - ORS will be good), High fiber diet, green leafy vegetables and fruit. Cut down the processed food. White bread, doughnuts, white sugar, pizza should be completely avoided.

2. A 30 minute physical activity every day like morning walk, evening walk or a visit to the gym or swimming pool will help you.

3. You can take Cap. Racecodotril, this will reduce the intestinal fluid secretion preventing dehydration and electrolyte imbalance and tab. Albendazole 400 mg stat with food and one tab after 15 days. This will help to clear the worms in intestine. You can discuss this with your treating Doctor.

These measures will help you. I advice you to get examined by your doctor once and get done microscopic stool examination to find if any problem. I will be little concerned if you develop any inflammatory signs as explained before (Needs antibiotic based on infection) or painful defecation / constipation.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask if any related query and I will be glad to answer them. Consult your doctor for further examination and management.

If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well.
Wish you faster recovery and good health.