One testicular is smaller than the other and very tender. Cause?

one testicular is smaller than the other and very tender

Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please attend emergency department---

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
Here we need to find out if the small one is abnormal or the larger one.
Usually the larger one is abnormal.
Your symptoms point to either infection of the testes and epididymis or a twist called torsion.
Urgent clinical evaluation is necessary. Please attend ER.
Best regards,
Follow-up: One testicular is smaller than the other and very tender. Cause? 33 minutes later
the small one is abnormal.
More information

one testicular is smaller than the other and very tender. This is not sudden. there is no sudden injury or any in the past that was bad. I still can get an erection, however it is not as quick to achieve as before this was and is progressively getting worse. there is no ongoing pain. If I lightly squeezes there larger ( regular size testicular) no pain ( which has always been normal), a harder squeeze hurts like it should. For the now smaller testicular, if I handle it lightly it is tender and if I squeeze it even lightly, it can get very painful. This does not hamper me in my daily activities, which is moving all day, however not high energy exercise. I talked to a family doctor and he examined the testicular about 18 months ago and he did not seem concerned and I cannot say it has gotten much since than, however I do not like the fact that one is about half the size of a normal (long term) one and very tender. I read that sometimes the spermatic cord can twist and cut off blood supply. this is my concern.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
possible sequel of previous torsion

Detailed Answer:
The twist is the one i had already mentioned.
Since it has been long term, It could have been the effect of a previous torsion.
So, evaluation by a urologist is a must and decision can be taken only after clinical examination.
Best regards