One night stand, partner not on birth control, no condom used. Pregnancy chances ?

General Surgeon
Question
I had a one night stand with a 42 year old last night. It was stupid but she is not on birth control and I did not use a condom. What are the chances she will become pregnant?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 45 minutes later

Unprotected sex during fertile period of women life always exposes to the risk of pregnancy.

Risk of pregnancy will vary depending upon her day of cycle on that very day. If it was in the mid cycle chances of pregnancy are more than if she was in early or late phase of menstrual cycle.

As her age is 42 years, so that also reduces chances of pregnancy. Over all chances of pregnancy is very low but needs to ruled out.

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: One night stand, partner not on birth control, no condom used. Pregnancy chances ? 25 minutes later
How can I find out where she is in her cycle and is PLAN B ONE STEP the best thing to do at this point?

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.     

Only she can tell in which phase of cycle she is, depending upon her date of last menstrual cycle.

Plan B step 1 is an emergency contraceptive pill and has to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse (or wait and watch & go for pregnancy test).

Hope I have answered your query.

Wish you Good Health.