On zebeta for a fib. Having VIII deficiency. Could I quit the pill? Any chances of stroke?

I am on 2.5 mg.zebeta every other day, for a-fib...Can you tell me the side-effects? Can I quite the pill? I am factor v111 deficiency. Chance for stroke very small. I am almost 75yr. old. XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good clinical follow up needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Using anti hypertensives should be done carefully. I am afraid your doctor takes many things into consideration (history, medical history) before these drugs are taken.

Zebeta has many side effects such as swelling, exertion, abnormal heart beats, tiredness and nervousness.

Zebeta paradoxically has very potent and efficient effects on arrhythmia (abnormal heart beats).

I would suggest you comply with the directives of your doctor. Life style changes like low fat diet, low dose Aspirin, exercise, XXXXXXX fruit and vegetable diet could be very helpful. It is important that you also report any side effects in case you experience any.

I would be glad to respond to any follow up questions in case you have any. Kind regards as i wish you good health.

Dr Rogers