On vitamin medicine. Having pain in the forearms and legs. What could be the cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am 47 y.o. male, 5'10" 218lbs. I have been experiencing pain in my forearms, as if someone was driving a spike into the bone. I have appt to see physcian and was believing it may be carpal as I type at work a lot and play tennis, but I am also feeling pain to lesser extent in shins. I am taking naproxin to help relieve pain and allow me to sleep and sometimes am taking 4 pills in just a few hours. I take daily vitamins. I have not played tennis since September. Pain in the forearms began just before Thanksgiving, and pain in shins began last week. I also notice trouble hearing as well as I usually do.
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The pain in the forearms and legs that you are having is likely to be related to vitamin D and magnesium deficiency.

I suggest you to consult an endocrinologist and get prescribed vitamin D and magnesium supplements. Your symptoms should improve with that. Also eat magnesium XXXXXXX foods like bananas, beans, chickpeas, fish, nuts, soybeans, spinach etc which are natural sources of magnesium.

Regarding vitamin D levels, you need to take a XXXXXXX of vitamin D with milk or curd once a week for 8 weeks and then once a month. Each XXXXXXX contains 60,000 IU of vitamin D. But these should be taken only after getting your vitamin D levels checked.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.