On viber. Having headache. What should I be doing?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I've been on viber for the last week (5-6 very long hour sessions - one or two times it lasted 2-3 hours). I've been having a headache just above my ears on both sides of my head for 2-3 days ... What should I be doing ?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi and welcome to XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
You should just rest in dark room,avoid light and noise,take antiinflamatory painkillers and wait for several more days to see is there improvements. This is commonly seen after such activities and it should not worry you if there is no hear or vision difficulties, dizziness,vertigo or nausea.
If headache persists for more than 7 days and these symptoms i ve mentioned above persist,you should visit doctor. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards
Follow-up: On viber. Having headache. What should I be doing? 16 hours later
Thank You very much.
Which anti-inflamatory would you recommend ?
I unfortunately work at a design studio with constant music going on ...
will try to rest as much as I can.
It almost travels, now on top (frontal part of my head) - yesterday it was above my ears ... but I lessened using a cell phone, it is getting better.
Your thoughts ?

Thanks again. This is very helpful and calming.

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
you can take some classic for now: ibuprofen, ketoprofen or voltaren. if there is severe headache then some more powerful painkillers can be considered.
try to listen to some easier music on low volume.
if there is migratory pain it may indicate migraine but in every case it should subside in several to 10 days. just drink plenty of fluids, avoid stress and those activities i ve mentioned.I am sure you ll feel better soon. serious head diagnoses are very rare in your age and usually are manifested by some other symptoms. Regards