On triplex for high triglysoride levels. Why am I experiencing excessive sweating?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I have experianced very many periods of very heavy sweating over the last few years in situations that were very cool. I'm a 37 year old male with a "perfect heart and blood flow" I recently had a echocardiogram and stress test and everything was normal. I have high triglysoride levels and am taking Triplex for this. I've read about testerone issues. I have bi-yearly checkups so I don't think it's a thyroid issue but my Dr. dissmissed the issues to quickly. This issue started out of the blue .
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Although sweating can be due to a variety of reasons including medical problems such as hyperthyroidism, panic attacks, low grade fever, and low blood sugar, medications rank at the top of the list of potential causes of excessive sweating.
Amongst the medications you have mentioned both Ambien ( zolpidem) and Hydrocodone can cause excessive sweating as a sideffect .This is called secondary hyperhydrosis which is mostly Generalised or sometimes localized to specific regions of the body . This can occur irrespective of the outside temperature . Frequently patients also report night sweats with such medications .
Treatment for secondary hyperhidrosis (since an underlying condition or medication is causing it)is easy ie - the underlying cause needs to be treated and controlled.

So first and foremost you may need to consult a dermatologist who can confirm the diagnosis after a thorough evaluation and then suggest appropriate measures for control like antiperspirants like Aluminium chloride etc.
If possible you may consult your doctor for tapering off your medications .
Since most antidepressant and pain relief medications might cause hyperhydrosis changing from one type to another might not be so helpful yet can be given a try .
Do discuss it with your doctor .

Hope I have answered your query .
Kindly accept my answer in case you have no further queries .