On treatment for Uveits of eye. Using prendisolone acetate, got attack. Advised for steroids tablet. Suggestion?

I am on treatment for Uveits of right eye. Currently using Prendisolone acetate 1%. I got this attack after about 8 months. I am advised to have a course of steroid oral tablets. in addition to the eye drops. Is it advisable to take steroid tablets? Thanks
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 18 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

The uvea is the middle portion of the eye, it includes structures called the ciliary body, iris and choroid. The iris controls the amount of light that enters the eye, the ciliary body supports the lens and the choroid provides oxygen and nourishment to the retina which is at the back of the eye.

Uvetis can be further classified according to which part of it is involved. Oral steroids can also be used in some cases of uvetis particularly posterior uvetis where the back of the uvea is involved.

Taking the oral steroids may help aid a speedy recovery and reduce any damage.
Once the oral steroids are taken in the short term they would not likely have any long term effects.

It may be best to use them if your doctor believes it would help you.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask anyother questions