On tramadol. Tingling in feet, tightness in forearms and lower legs. Side effects of medication?

I took Tramadol for about 18 months and only at the perscribed level or less. Felt, however, it was making me tired and lethargic. Stopped cold. Have been experiencing tingling in feet, hands and tightness in forearms and lower legs. Possible side of effects of withdrawl?
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
it is withdrawal syndrome, taper tramadol

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic.
Tramadol is a very good painkiller of opioid group and is very well tolerated in most of the cases but rarely in some cases it can produce lethargy and psychiatric manifestations for that the drug needs to be tapered off.
Tramadol should not be stopped cold XXXXXXX but it should be tapered off slowly under the guidance of a local physician. The adverse effects and the withdrawal syndrome in your case are related to longterm tramadol use and stopping tramadol cold XXXXXXX respectively.
I will advise you to consult a local physician who will put you on the weaning medicine and will reduce the tramadol in graded manner so that the withdrawal effects are minimum and you can tolerate it comfortably.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.