On thyronorm 75gm. Having frequent urination and delayed periods. What is causing this?

Sep 2012

Hi i am 32 years old and have a 1 year old baby.I had a ceasarean operation in september 2011.Then i had thyroid problem detected with a high tsh since lastsix months,i take thyronorm 75gm daily.Recently i am having delayed period fr past 2 months and have started having frequent urination, white discharge and foul-smell while urinating.Also i feel discomfort and as if something is blocked in my urinary duct or some kind of uneasiness which is more while standing.what is the safe age for me to conceive as i am already 32years and i plan to have another child but not before 3 yeras as my 1st child is 1 year old now
Please help

Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 36 minutes later
Thank you for your query.

Firstly, the symptoms you told, are different. Your main problems are
1.     Delayed period.
2.     Urinary problem.

I am giving answers of your problems one by one.

1. You are having delayed period due to some hormonal disbalance. Check your thyroid profile for any fluctuation in thyroid functioning. Consult with your treating doctor for adjustment of dose of eltroxin.

2. From your symptoms, it is clear that you are suffering from like presence of vaginal discharge indicates some infection in the genital tract also. In our clinical experience, it is common. But this has to be confirmed by clinical examination.

For this condition you have to do the followings
1.     Take plenty of water.
2.     Take antispasmodic agent like spasmoproxyvon / nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents like aceclofenac / paracetamol to get relief from pain.
3.     You have to take ciprofloxacin group of antibiotics.
4.     Metronidazole group of antimicrobial agents should be considered for vaginal discharge.
5.     Use condom during sexual intercourse. Search for same symptoms in your husband. If those are present then he should also be treated.
6.     Take a pantoprazole group of drug in morning before breakfast.
7.     Take a multivitamin agent.
8.     Test your urine for any abnormality.

Consult with a gynecologist for a clinical examination, for ordering investigation and also for dosing of the abovementioned drugs and for further management accordingly.

You should have your second pregnancy within 35 years of age. Because after this age there is increased chance of complication.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.