On thyroid medication. Feeling body pain, cold and dizziness. Is this due to thyroid medication?

Neurologist, Surgical
I am continuing to take Thyroid medication but feel no improvement. I am unsure whether I hard another condition in diagnosed or if I have an issue with my Thyroid Meds.

I am experiencing foggy brain; general confusion; feeling that my brain works slower than it has in the past; aching neck, pains in arms, legs, feet, ankles and hands; feeling cold and hot continually (never normal); sweating profusely when I do even a tiny amount of exercise (eg a small walk); dizinesss; a veer towards the left when walking and general feelings of unbalance; alternate feelings of being hot or cold (often accompanied by so much sweating when hot that I am covered with a thick layer of shimmer); feeling of all over weakness and lethargy.

Would you have concerns about any other conditions I should be checked for?! Does it seem like a thyroid medication issue?!
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Shivakumar S. Kupanur 12 hours later

Thanks for posting your query. I appreciate your efforts in posting a detailed history.

Almost all the symptoms you narrated are known to occur with thyroid hormone disturbances. I have reviewed your history multiple times and I feel all your complaints are most likely due to endocrine changes. It is looks very, very unlikely for you to have any primary neurological issue.

I suggest you to see your treating Endocrinologist for review. Repeating your thyroid function test especially thyroid a stimulation hormone (TSH) and dose modification if required is warranted. I expect you to feel better with correction of endocrine changes.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Wish you speedy recovery.