On the depo shot. Had unprotected sex and spotted. Chances of pregnancy?

Jul 2012

hi my name is XXXXXX i am on the depo shot and i had unprotceted sex with my boyfriend and i spotted for a few week but it ran away could it be a chance i can get pregnant
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 14 minutes later
Hey there XXXXXX.
The depot shot is pretty safe where pregnancy is concerned. The spotting may be unrelated. However, i have seen & had worse accidents. Hence i err on the side of caution. Please do a B-Hcg blood/serum test to assess the condition. If negative as i envisage it will be, you can breathe easier!
Trust this is clear & preecise & do hope it all pans out well inthe end. Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India