On testerone replacement. Have itchy back and skin eruptions. What should I do to cure it?

Question
Been on Testerone replacement for 2-1/2 years. Have continuous itchy backside and upper back plus frequent skin eruptions (like boils) in the back side/groin area. What does this indicate and what can be done to eliminate it?

Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 4 hours later
I understand your problem and will try my best to answer it.
After going through your problem,it appears to me that your continuous itching for so long could be due to dry skin which is very common as we grow older.
Skin produces it's own grease and oil and as we get older,less oil is produced resulting in dryness and this gets coupled with the use of soaps and central heating resulting in still more of dryness and itching.
Although other reasons of continuous itching could be the presence of pets in your house like cats or dogs which may cause cat fleas bite or dog dandruff.

Keep your skin well moisturisd by using moisturizer immediately after bath and avoiding harsh soaps while taking bath.
Use humidifier in your house.
Use warm water for your bath instead of hot water.
Use cotton fabric for wearing.

I hope you shall be quite comfortable by taking the above mentioned steps.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for a y further query.
Best of luck
Thanks