On synthroid and melatonin. Can I take oxy elite pro for weight loss and clonzepam for restless leg?

Cam I take oxy elite pro for weight loss and my clonzepam for restless leg? I also take synthroid for my thyroid and melatonin to sleep.
Should I take a vitamin with this? I have also taken medformin with adepex for weight loss and had success in the beginning. I need energy. I am 50 lbs over weight
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Oxy elite pro has ingredients which are stimulants. They sensitize thyroid gland to produce more active thyroxine. So your doctor cannot adjust the synthroid dose properly leading to improper treatment. I am completely against you taking Oxy elite pro.

Oxy elite pro has abusive potential you tend to take more dosages per day as you feel good about it. It destroys your sleep cycle and make you awake. Hence not right when you trying to get some good sleep and rest.

Clonazepam is routinely prescribed for properly diagnosed restless leg syndrome. Please not that this is overly done. You should speak to competent specialist like Neurologist / Psychiatrist if you really have restless leg syndrome.

I do not think any dietary supplements like Oxy elite pro or adepex have any significant help for weight loss at this age and medical problems. At this age you tend to lose muscle and replace it with subcutaneous fat. It is difficult to burn this.

I would just appeal to go with good diet and nominal exercise for weight management. You can speak to a local dietitian who can assist you to lose weight partially. Realistically speaking you can aim at 10 pounds every 4 months. Else you would lose balance in the diet. Proper medication and control of thyroid function can greatly boost weight loss.

Let me know if I miss any query. If you are convinced with my opinion please close our discussion.