On strict diet and exercise for weight loss. Taking revital. Is this safe and effective?

Hi, Im 87kgs, 34yr old female. Im getting married in May. im on a strict diet n exercise plan to lose as much as I can before the wedding. I wanted to check with u, if my current plan will not harm my health as i want to be healthy n have a baby after marriage.

Im on a 1200 calorie plan. I do not feel weak in the day. I also exercise 6 days a week - a 40 min walk or a 30 min aerobic workout on alternate days.

Im losing well, last week i lost 2kgs. I hope to keep it up.

Im also having Revital for women everyday and sandoz calcium tablets for women as I have calcium & vit D deficieny.

Pls let me know if my plan will help me lose weight healthily. I want to be atlaest 70kgs before marriage like i was a few yrs ago
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

Your diet is very well planned and is resulting in healthy weight loss. I am very happy with it. Revital is a very good supplement consisting of all the nutrients you your diet would lack.

A few suggestions if you don't mind:
-Increase the number of meals you have in a day (consume the same 1200 calories, but over 5-6 meals a day). These should all be in small portions. This results in an increase in metabolism and thus increases the pace of weight loss
-Drink a lot of water (thirst is commonly mistaken for hunger in many individuals)
-You can gradually increase the duration of your walks (increase 5-10 minutes every week)

My best wishes for your wedding and lots of luck on your weight loss. Please write back to me any time for any further clarifications, I would love to help the bride-to-be.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: On strict diet and exercise for weight loss. Taking revital. Is this safe and effective? 22 hours later
Hi Doc,

Thanks for ur reply. I would also like you to take a look at my reports (pages 1 to 7), a blood test I got done in XXXXXXX this year. Some things like my cholesterol n triglycerides are high. Vit D is a deficiency. And whats is my concern is SGOT & SGPT. Im actually on anti-depressants for a couple of years which I hope to give up after i get married. is that why the liver is not in a good shape. My medications are Qutan SR 100 1 tablet & Risdone LS 0.5 tab.

Would u have any idea if these drugs need to be replaced or given up during pregnancy ?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 54 minutes later
Hi. Thank you for your follow up query.

You could attach the reports to this discussion if you wish to do so or email them to me at ' YYYY@YYYY ', with the subject line 'ATTN:Dr. Shoaib Khan'

Coming to your brief blood description, you need to first inform your doctor (who has prescribed you the anti-depressants) as a high cholesterol level is to be brought to the treating doctors notice at the earliest.
Another reason why you need to discuss your treatment and blood reports with your treating doctor is due to the SGOT and SGPT changes, as you have mentioned. A change in SGOT and SGPT could indicate a liver pathology, and your Qutan will have to be discontinued or a dosage change is in order.

1. Yes, Qutan can affect the liver, which is why you will have to discuss the same with your treating doctor.

2. Qutan should not be taken during breastfeeding. It can be taken during pregnancy, but only under the strict supervision of a doctor.
Caution is advised while taking Risdone LS 0.5 mg during pregnancy as it can have some side effects.

Feel free to write back to me with any further queries.

Best wishes.
Follow-up: On strict diet and exercise for weight loss. Taking revital. Is this safe and effective? 1 hour later
Here are my reports
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 47 minutes later
Hi, Thank you for your reports.

First talking about your lipid profile. A total cholesterol level of more than 240 mg/dL, HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) value below 50 mg/dL, and all your other cholesterol values put you at a high risk for coronary heart disease. Please XXXXXXX a doctor who will have to carefully and immediately begin management and monitoring of your lipid profile.
Treatment should include: weight management, STRICT diet, physical activity and cholesterol lowering medication. You will require strict monitoring and lowering of your LDL cholesterol.

Other values like SGPT, SGOT, alkaline phosphate, GGT, and ESR levels all indicate a liver abnormality. Advised is an abdominal ultrasound. Your vitamin D deficiency can be treated with a good diet and supplements.

Please visit a doctor at the earliest, and write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.