On several medication for trigeminal neuralgia. WBC count was high. Should I be concerned?

Neurologist
Question
I AM 63 ON SEVERALMEDICATIONS FOR TRIGEMINAL NEIRALGIA UNDER A LITTLE STREE MY WHITE BLOOD CELL COUNT WAS 0000 SHOULD I BE ALARMED
ALSO HAVE A CAVITY THAT NEEDS TO BE FILLED
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines

Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 17 minutes later
Thank you for writing in.

You are suffering from trigeminal neuralgia and has been on multiple drugs as mentioned

You need not worry, your total WBC is 0000 which is slightly above the normal range ( 4000 to 0000). Usually when white cell count drops it is a alarming sign ( Because tegretol can reduce the count)

Need to rule out minor infections (where WBC can be raised)

Hope this will help you

Dr Sandhya Manorenj