On seroquel for manic depression and topiramate for weight loss. Is it fine to take trim spray with these medicine?

I am on seroquel xr 300 mg for manic depression and topiramate 50 mg and weight gain. was wondering if i can take hcg trim spray with these meds? It is a 43 days with low calories diet.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

Seroquel contains quitiapine, which is known to cause weight gain. So first, you should find out the causes of your weight gain whether it is due to side effect of drug, or endocrinal disturbances or simple obesity etc.

You should also rule out Hypothyroidism and other endocrinal causes of weight gain. For that, you should consult your psychiatrist/physician.

HCG trim spray acts via hypothalamus, which are very sensitive higher centers for hormone system of our body. This area of brain is also linked with mood and hence mood disorders like depression or manic depression. Because of this, there may be some worsening of your manic depression.

Therefore, before using HCG trim spray, you should consult your psychiatrist.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.