On seasonique. Found pregnant. Will this medicine cause any problem in pregnancy?

Mar 2013
hi, I have been on seasonique for over a year and just found out I was pregnant. We are thrilled, but how do I find how far along I am since I am on extended birth control? My last pill period was October 29th and have been feeling pregnancy symptoms for quite some time but just thought it was perhaps side effects of the seasonique. I never missed a pill, but had the flu the beginning of December..
Thank you in advance!
Posted Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Thank you for trusting us with your health query.
As you were on Seasonique, there is no exact way of predicting when conception occurred.
The only reliable way of dating this pregnancy is to have a transvaginal ultrasound.
So please consult your gynecologist and have a check up , and a transvaginal ultrasound would tell you the exact weeks of pregnancy.
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.