On restylane, swollen red top lip

hi, i think i have a allergic reaction to restylane..Ihad it 18 months ago and have always had swollen red top lip
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 12 minutes later

As your query is incomplete, I would like to know a few more things which will help me in suggesting you better:
1.Is the swelling localized?
2.Can you describe me the feel of the swelling? Is it firm or soft?
3.Is it present only after consumption of restylane or any other medications?
4.Are you suffering with any other diagnosed medical conditions?

You may have developed a granulomatous reaction to restylane which is an uncommon but known side effect of restylane injections.

If you have more of a diffuse swelling it is unlikely to be due to restylane.

It would be better to discuss with your treating doctor about this symptom or can get examined by a Dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis.

It would also be better for me if you send your pictures to YYYY@YYYY . Subject: Attn Dr. Gaurang. which will help me in suggesting you better.

Please confirm here after mailing your photos so that I can answer them at the earliest.

Awaiting for your reply.